Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reward yourself


♫♪Everybody's working for the weekend. Everybody wants a new... ♫---ooops sorry, had my earphones on. Just needed a little motivation for the weekend.

It was such a lovely day today, sun was shining, a small breeze....almost perfect. However, I did spend most of the morning indoors writing working on an essay and finishing some text readings. Studying shouldn't be be dull and without rewards. During my studying time today, I did take the occasional break and once I finished a chapter I rewarded myself with half an hour of TV time (in which I watched The Big Bang Theory). This leads me to today's tip!

---------------------------------------------

TIP of the day!


Following through on your goals:


#1 Stay motivated!

Reward yourself for accomplishments.

You can plan small rewards (such as a half-hour of guilt-free TV-watching after reading your assigned chapters) or a large reward (an evening out with friends after handing in a big paper). Or even the occasional 5 minute breaks to rest and listen to some music.

#2 Avoid procratinating

See our procrastination tip sheet for more info. (This will be my TIP of the Day on my next blog.)

#3 Evaluate your progress

This will give you the information you need to modify your time management strategies.

----------------------------------------------
Want to know more about tips and other study skills? You can visit the AACC tipsheets for more!

No comments: